When you think about denominational culture, the emphasis on “Knowing Your Bible” is one of the key points of separation. That’s why in some congregations, everyone brings their Bible to worship, and in others, almost no one does. Still, I think it’s fair to say we all agree that every Christian should know something, and more is better when it comes to being familiar with Scripture. Here are some quiz cards that I picked up while teaching a Sunday morning class for people who were new to Bible stories. Thankfully, they give the scripture reference along with every answer so you can go back and read the stories in their entirety. I have to confess, many of the questions were too tough for me! I’ll ask you a few and you can see how you do.
1. Who were the first couple in the Bible to give birth to twin sons? (Genesis 25:20-24)
2. What was unusual about Balaam’s donkey? (Numbers 22:28-30)
3. What tiny seed did Jesus use to describe the kingdom of God? (Luke 13:18-19)
4. Which king of Israel was a reckless chariot driver? (2 Kings 9:20)
5. Which disciple walked on water to reach Jesus? (Matthew 14:29-30)